Let’s chat together in a small group! A group might be one, just you. Or it can be 3-4 people plus a moderator.
What will we talk about?
Each person brings a topic. And the moderator will choose one or two topics (depending on time) to discuss.
The topic should follow this pattern. 1-3 sentences about the topic, followed by a question we can discuss. Here are several examples:
- I like to talk to people in English, but when I do, they answer me in my language. How might I continue in English in such a situation?
- I enjoy cooking many types of food. Does anyone else like to cook? What foods and why those foods?
- Sometimes I see people who might speak English who seem to be trying to find their way. This might be on the street or in the train station. What vocabulary do I need to help them find their way?
- I have a three-year-old and am trying to decide whether to send him to preschool this year. What are your thoughts about education in the early years?
- I have a teenager and she has decided she knows everything about life. Sometimes I fear for her safety. What tips can others give me to help me guide her?
After greetings, each person will be given two minutes to present their topic. Moderator will decide which topic will be discussed and the last half of session will be used to discuss the chosen topic. There may be time for a second topic to be discussed.
Please don’t necessarily expect that your topic will be discussed. Instead expect to have an interesting discussion with other people in English. Enjoy getting to know others in this online English community.
Prepare your topic in writing, so that it is well-organized and easy-to-present.
How to Schedule:
Send a comment below requesting a date and time. Julie will respond with session availability and instructions for payment.
- Chat Session: The cost for a one-half hour session (25 contact minutes) is $28. This can be a one-on-one chat session, or you can invite a few friends and share the cost. No more than four participants (plus the moderator) should use one session.
Inappropriate, aggressive or vulgar language or communication is unacceptable. MyUnlimitedEnglish reserves the right to exclude the person exhibiting such language or communication from the chat session. The session moderator’s judgment of what is inappropriate, aggressive or vulgar is final.
Sign up today! Schedule a chat session and practice your English with us. Take the next step to improve your English ability!