Use present tense for routine (everyday) activities.
Present tense is the simplest form of a verb.
Example: to go
- Present Tense: go
- Other Tenses: went, have gone, am going, etc.
Build sentences about routine activities.
Study the phrases below to build sentences about everyday activity.
Common Phrases to talk about routine:
- in the morning (afternoon, evening) …
- at night…
- on Mondays (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc) …
- for lunch (breakfast, dinner), I eat…
- after school, I…
- wake up (at 7:00, etc)
- get up
- take a shower
- wash my face
- brush my teeth
Food and Eating
- eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert
- eat cereal, bread, rice, eggs, meat, etc
- drink coffee, tea, water, juice
- stay home
- go to school, work, the store, etc
- take a break
- do my homework
- watch tv
- go to bed
- In the morning, I get up at 6:30. I wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I eat breakfast.
- I eat bread and meat or cereal for breakfast.
- On Mondays, I go to class. On Tuesdays I stay home until noon. Then I go to class.
- I take a break after school. Then I study. After that, I eat dinner.
Consider purchasing time with a native speaker to practice your speaking. This time can be what you would like. Chat in real English, use this time to ask questions, or receive personalized teaching. Look for more details here.